Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My husband is not allowed to join our family spotify

Solved!

My husband is not allowed to join our family spotify

Hey,

For the 5th time my husband is being denied from our family subscription on spotify. We do live in the samee adress, we do have the same surname, so why does it is happening?

Last month I've run a test and joined myself with different email to my own family account and I have been denied?? They say that I do not live in the same adress as myself 😄 This would be hilarious if it would not drive me crazy.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @justeramanausk,

All members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same physical address.

If we’re unable to verify the members of a Premium for Family plan, they are removed from the plan.

This can happen if...

1. The invitee receives an email for confirmation and they don't follow the instructions within 7 days

2. The invitee makes a typo when entering the address when verifying

It sounds like one of the two happened in your husband's case. To fix this, you'll need to get in touch with support 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @justeramanauske,

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

Could you tell us what error code your husband is seeing exactly when he tries to join the plan? It would help if you could show us a screenshot (please make sure there are no personal details visible on it) 

You can also follow the troubleshooting steps on this page.

We look forward to your reply!

Dear Daisy,

He is not getting some error code, it is mostly just email, saying that his adress is not confirmed.

Justė

Screenshot_20180827-164032_Gmail.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @justeramanausk,

All members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same physical address.

If we’re unable to verify the members of a Premium for Family plan, they are removed from the plan.

This can happen if...

1. The invitee receives an email for confirmation and they don't follow the instructions within 7 days

2. The invitee makes a typo when entering the address when verifying

It sounds like one of the two happened in your husband's case. To fix this, you'll need to get in touch with support 🙂

Yeah, I do understand what is happening, but I do not understand why, since we not only live together, but use same devices sometimes for our spotify accounts, and most of the time we are listening to each of its own spotify while working next to each other and etc.

So how I am able to prove that our adress is the same? Send a copy of residency docs?:D this is insane, come on, we are eager to pay spotify but keep getting kicked out. It is like the 5th time so I think it would be easier to just swich to other apps, like deezer.

Yeah, I do understand what is happening, but I do not understand why, since we not only live together, but use same devices sometimes for our spotify accounts, and most of the time we are listening to each of its own spotify while working next to each other and etc.

So how I am able to prove that our adress is the same? Send a copy of residency docs?:D this is insane, come on, we are eager to pay spotify but keep getting kicked out. It is like the 5th time so I think it would be easier to just swich to other apps, like deezer. Shouldn't spotify be happy that users are willing to get premium and try to help them to have a nice experience instead of this shitty one??

Hey @justeramanausk,

There's no need to send these documents over to support. We're eager to sort this out and can assure you we can fix it if you get in touch through the about us page.

Suggested posts