Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Family Plan - questions

Solved!

New Family Plan - questions

My 2 kids have Spotify Premium ($99 per year each).  I'm told I can open a Spotify family plan and my wife and I can get accounts for less money than I am paying now.  How do I do this?  DO I cancel the kids premium plans first?  What happend to the money they've paid etc?  Please send complete instructions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Firstly, to clear things up, you won't be able to add your children before one year, since they've already payed for one year of premium. If they have applied under two weeks ago and haven't yet used their Spotify Premium, they might be eligible for a refund. Here's how!

Anyway, of you'd like to have a Premium subscription, go and do this over here. You need to enter your address and your account. From there you go to this webpage and under family, you can add up to 5 more accounts to people, that reside at your same address, at a very discounted price. You will have premium without any limits.

Hope this helped you! Tell me if you need anything else!

If you liked my post: Feed my ego with likes 😄
If this post has solved your issue: Please accept this as Solution
Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rising Star | Rock Star Program
Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Firstly, to clear things up, you won't be able to add your children before one year, since they've already payed for one year of premium. If they have applied under two weeks ago and haven't yet used their Spotify Premium, they might be eligible for a refund. Here's how!

Anyway, of you'd like to have a Premium subscription, go and do this over here. You need to enter your address and your account. From there you go to this webpage and under family, you can add up to 5 more accounts to people, that reside at your same address, at a very discounted price. You will have premium without any limits.

Hope this helped you! Tell me if you need anything else!

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Oops wrong thread, sorry!

Wow!  I wish I'd known that.  They just got their subscriptions but they've started using them.  Can't they just cancel and get a pro-rated refund?  I don't want to wait a full year to get a Spotify Premium account but I also don't want to pay more than $200 to do it.  Do you have any suggestions?  BTW, thank you for your response.

@rick42_98
You could try contacting the guys at Spotify cares, maybe they'll be able to work out something for you. You should try contacting them through either of these:

• Through this link.
  • Through Facebook: SpotifyCares
  • Or lastly through Twitter @SpotifyCares

Tell them what's going on and your username and they'll solve it! 🙂

Just beware that it might take up to three working days for them to respond, since they're pretty busy.

I hope they can help you out! Tell me how things worked out 🙂

Follow me on Spotify
Banner_Spotify.png

Thank you so much LeoRager.  I will contact them and let you know how everything turns out.

Hey LeoRager, your suggestion was spot on!  I went to Facebook and contacted Spotify Cares.  They were so nice!  They fully refunded my 2 kids premium subscriptions (only 2 days old).  I then went in and created my family premium account, invited them and my wife to the family account and BAM!  It all works great.  I'm paying less for more stuff.  I can get an account for my dog too!  Thanks.  You're a boon to mankind.  Cheers.

I'm so glad everything worked out excellent! And they replied extremely quickly. I was happy to lend you  https://open.spotify.com/track/4yuKv2zqCyFdev4LvRBdet!

how can i have my daughter log into my family plan on a diff device and both of us listen to deiff music at the same time? because as of right now, we have to listen to what the other person has playing. but only 1 of us at a time can listen. 

Hey @russ420! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

It sounds like you've given the other members your account instead of creating an account for them. Like that only one person at the time can listen to music.

Instead tell your family members to create a Spotify account each and then from over here, then go to Family, you can invite them to your Family subscription. Now you and up to 5 other Family members with their own account can listen to music simoutaneously.

I hope this made sense,
Leo

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

Suggested posts