Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Terms and kids in college

New Terms and kids in college

Now that Spotify will be using GPS location to validate location will I run into problems since my 2 oldest just went back to college? Their permanent address is our home address. However, they live in the dorms on campus while school is in session.

8 Replies

I'm in the same situation. The terms were very unclear about that. 

Exactly what I logged in to find out. Not every family is living under the same roof year round. We dont all share the same last name either. Not sure why any of that would matter even, set your price and don't worry about where our families are living, Spotify. I should be able to keep a family account for my kids even though they are away at college.

Also wondering about this. Anyone from management able to clarify? My kids legal address is my home even when they are at school. This is good enough for IRS, voting, DMV, and insurance purposes. Hoping it is adequate for spotify.

Same situation here. Hoping for clarification from Spotify management. As a full time college student, my son certainly can't afford his own plan. 

Same here. If they don't provide us terms for dependents in college, I'll just jump ship to another service.

It is bizarre how they think that people will bow to Spotify. Plans like these have decreased piracy big time. People who value their privacy and are not planning/willing to have Spotify checking up on them constantly will look for other means. The joy of using Spotify was what i and my family members signed up for, easy in use and affordable.

Now Spotify turns into a distrusting, money hungry, organisation.

If you do not trust your paying customers, than give them a second option. A friends plan for a slightly higher price.

No statements yet, no reactions yet. Even not answering questions like these, what a shame. If you guys do not change this soon i hope that the customer backlash will do or the privacy bodies of the countries involved.

I also have the same question. I hope that someone from Spotify responds.

Hey there @elpisremains,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

All members of a Premium Family plan must reside at the same home address. If a member of the plan doesn’t live at the same address then they may be removed. You can learn more about our T&C here.

For full info about the new Premium Family, check out this support page.

With that said, if your kids moved out or live on campus while they're studying, they might be eligible for Premium Student instead.

Hope this answers your question. Give us a shout if there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts