Family Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hi, just joined family plan & trying to get members added.  I sent a link to my daughter & when we clicked it I mistakenly entered my details.  I now get the message "...already subscribed to Premium Family...".  I've now created my daughter's own spotify account but need a new link generating to get her added - how do I do this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Andelee

I asked to try again in an incognito window, since this issue might be related to cache. When you use incognito mode the cache is not used. 

If you use Chrome browser, please follow the steps from this Google Support article on how to open an incognito window. Above the article you can choose between devices: Computer, Android, IPhone & IPad. 

If you use a different browser you can just google how to open incognito window in the browser you're using. It should be explained there. 

Let me know how it goes! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @Andelee

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you want to send an invite, go to your Family page at www.spotify.com/account/family

To accept the invite, your daughter needs to log in to her own Spotify account, so if you're using the same device, make sure you're logged out. 

For more details on Premium Family, check this Support article.

I hope it helps!

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid it doesn't answer my question.  My daughter is logged into her Spotify account on her device, but when she clicks on the invite link I've sent her, we get the message entitled "You can't join your own plan!".  The reason this message is coming up is because I initially entered my account details when we first clicked the invite link on my daughter's device.  Now every time we click to invite link to enter my daughter's new account details, Spotify thinks it's me trying to log in again so advises I'm already subscribed to Premium Family.  

What I need is for the invite link to be reset somehow or a new one to get sent, but I dont know how to do this.  

Hopefully this explains the issue I have clearer?

Hi @Andelee

Thank you for your response!

You should be able to send a new link through your account overview. 

Try opening the link in an incognito/private window of your browser. If possible, you can try on a different device.

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Hi, I can create an invite link fine, but it creates one with the same code & which has already been clicked & used on my daughter's device, so I get the "already subscribed" message.  Is there a way of creating an invite link with a new code?  To be specific, the code I'm currently generating & doesn't work anymore is:

Hi @Andelee

It's better to not post the link here publicly. You can delete it by editing your message. 

Could you confirm that your daughter is still not able to join your Family plan using incognito mode?

Let me know 🙂

I'm not sure what incognito mode is, but when I send her the new invite through WhatsApp & we click the link on her phone, it comes with the message I've previously quoted & isn't allowing us to join the Family account...

Marked as solution

Hi @Andelee

I asked to try again in an incognito window, since this issue might be related to cache. When you use incognito mode the cache is not used. 

If you use Chrome browser, please follow the steps from this Google Support article on how to open an incognito window. Above the article you can choose between devices: Computer, Android, IPhone & IPad. 

If you use a different browser you can just google how to open incognito window in the browser you're using. It should be explained there. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Suggested posts