Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Google Home Mini Email (been a month)

No Google Home Mini Email (been a month)

Plan

Premium for Family

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung S5, Samsung A8 (2018), Acer Chromebook

Operating System

Android, Chrome

My Question or Issue

I read late-ish last year that Spotify had teamed up with Google and was giving Premium for Family users a Google Home Mini. It said this was to last until the 14 of May this year (just under a week ago).

It took a while to convince my family to get Spotify Premium but when we did, we got the for family version so we could all use it. At this point, I had completely forgotten about the Google Home Mini offer. We purchased Premium for Family on the 20th of April 2019 (about a month ago). A few days ago, I remembered the Google Home Mini offer and realised that my father (who owns our Family account) never mentioned getting an email about it.

I checked his phone on the email he used to get the account and he did not recieve an email mentioning the Google Home Mini. He did recieve two emails from Spotify though: one saying 'Welcome to Premium for Family' and one with the reciept for it. Neither of these mentioned a Google Home Mini.

Now I would have let this pass over my head except that my friend's family recently purchased Spotify Premium for Family and she mentioned to me that they recieved a Gooogle Home Mini. That is why I am making this post and wondering why my family did not recieve one? My friend's family lives in the same suburb, area, postcode, state, country etc as me and her family recieved one but mine didn't.

I have tried searching through other threads to see if I can find out what was going on. I logged onto my father's spotify account as well.  I thought that perhaps: https://www.spotify.com/au/googlehome/register/ would work. But even when logged into my father's account (the premium for family account holder) it redirects me to simple: https://www.spotify.com/au/ . 

I realize it has been nearly a month, but I only recently remembered this deal. I have checked the spam folders in the email (which delete after 30 days and 30 days is TOMORROW from when we got our account), and there is no message there either from Spotify about the Google Home Mini.

The deal is over now, I am aware. But we purchased our Premium for Family when the deal was still going (20th of April, as said previously), so was wondering if there was a problem. Please let me know and thank you for reading.

1 Reply

Hey @just-hamless thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community!

The Google Home Mini deal for Australia has officially ended and is no longer avalible. I know that an email was NOT sent and that it could only be redeemed from the website. If you want more help, I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. 

Hope this helps,

Jack 

Suggested posts