Premium Family

Country

Singapore

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

I received an invitation for Spotify Family Premium. I click accept invitation.. Input my address and it says confirmation complete and open spotify. I click that and my account is still under free on both web and the app. How do i resolve this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Monsieurmoone, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If your account is shown as Active in the Administrator's account overview (can you ask him to take a look?), then you probably have more than one Spotify account.

Please follow this guide to finding any other accounts you might have subscribed to Premium and let me know if this helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Monsieurmoone, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If your account is shown as Active in the Administrator's account overview (can you ask him to take a look?), then you probably have more than one Spotify account.

Please follow this guide to finding any other accounts you might have subscribed to Premium and let me know if this helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Sorry, accidentally pressed resolved but issue is not solved yet..  Possible to unresolve the thread?

I will check with the account overview and get back to you on this..

With regards to other accounts, yes I had spotify premium on my other account prior but have already cancelled it quite afew months ago. 

Was i supposed to use a fresh spotify account to link to the premium for family? I assumed that by clicking the invite it would have just invited my current free account into the Spotify Family

Hey @Monsieurmoone, don't worry about the solution button. We'll solve it anyway 🙂

Regarding your accounts, even if you cancel a Premium subscription, the account still remains valid. So you still have two accounts.

When accepting an invitation, it leads to the one you're logged in the browser. So I suggest you clear the browser's cache or use the incognito mode to log in properly.

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts