Overcharged after change of Credit Card Details

Plan

Switch from Premium to Premium Family

Country

Change from Bahrain to Switzerland

Device

iPhone X

My Question or Issue

My Daughter and myself have each been using a seperate premium account for 4.99$ each. The credit card I used to pay for these accounts was in Bahrain, and the payments were always correctly charged.

Today I wanted to take the offer to switch to the Premium Family account (6 accounts) and signed up for it.

At the same time, as I will be moving shortly from Bahrain to Switzerland I changed the credit card details from my Bahrain Credit Card to the Swiss Credit card.

Now instead of charging 7.99$ (currently 7.28 swiss Franks), my account shows that the next payment will charge 19.99 swiss Franks, which is the equivalent to 21.93$.

Is the higher price related solely to the location? Or did I mix up something with the accounts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Joel-M,

I followed your advice and got in touch with Spotify Customer Service directly.

The reason for the different prices is based on the price structure of Spotify. The same package that costs 7.99$ in Bahrain costs 19.90 CHF in Switzerland.

The price is based on the credit card origin, so by changing the CC details between the countries, the system automatically picked up the swiss price.

Thanks alot for looking in to this case anyway.

Regards

Kirk

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @krohrer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're here to help you. Can you tell me if you are trying to upgrade to Family Plan or are you staying with just the individual accounts for $4.99?

Meanwhile, I would recommend you check out this page as well as this page and this page. Please let me know if you need more information on anything.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Hi Joel-M, thanks for getting back to me.

I did upgrade to the family plan (advertised price=7.99$). Currently my account and my daughters accout (former price 4.99$) are on the family plan.

When I wanted to change my credit card details from my Bahrain credit card to my Swiss Credit Card, the price for the family plan jumped from 7.99$ to 19.90 CHF.

This 19.90 CHF are the equivalent to 21.85$.

This is nearly 3x more than the advertised price of the Family Plan.

Why is this the case?

Hey @krohrer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I would recommend you contact customer service for this case. I don't know why Spotify would charge you 3x as much as its asking price for the Family Plan, but I think they might be able to help you. If they don't help please let me know. I will continue my research on this issue.

Have a great day.

Marked as solution

Hi Joel-M,

I followed your advice and got in touch with Spotify Customer Service directly.

The reason for the different prices is based on the price structure of Spotify. The same package that costs 7.99$ in Bahrain costs 19.90 CHF in Switzerland.

The price is based on the credit card origin, so by changing the CC details between the countries, the system automatically picked up the swiss price.

Thanks alot for looking in to this case anyway.

Regards

Kirk

Suggested posts