Step 1

NEXT STEP

Owner does not match invite page

Owner does not match invite page

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Germany

I'm the owner of a family subscription and invited my sister, which worked fine. I did this maybe two years ago.

Now I want to invite my father, he receives the email just fine but when he opens the invite page it says he will join the account of my sister (instead of mine- I'm the owner and my sister is added. This is displayed correct in my account). I wouldn't mind but he cannot join the subscription.

Can you have a look please?

5 Replies

Hey @ichkannlesen ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

What exactly happens when your father tries to join your Premium for Family plan? Does he receive any error message? If so, which one exactly?

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It simply says: "you cannot join this Premium Family subscription"

After I input our address details and confirm that I'm not a robot

Thanks for letting me know.

Does the same thing happen when he tries it on a different device?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey ichkannlesen,

I think I know what happened because the same thing happened to my Premium for Family plan. What I thought during the initial setup was I'm adding a user to my account only to find our later that it was actually asking for my information. So instead of my name as the primary subscriber showing on the email invite it's the first family member's name I enrolled that appeared. It's kinda frustrating because why would someone add their information again if they're already the primary account holder. In order to correct that mistake you have to request to deactivate your Premium for Family plan and existing account because it's not an option which is a very backward process.

Hope this helps explain the issue raised!

Suggested posts