Free

Country

India

Device

Galaxy s9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I want to subscribe for premium family plan but the payment keeps failing and asks me to try again later. I have tried using another card but to no avail.Screenshot (7).png

5 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you checked out this article? It has some helpful tips on what to try if your payment doesn't go through.

Another thing you can try, is update your payment details in an Incognito Window. 

Let us know how it goes and the steps you've taken if it doesn't work out. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It still doesn't work, tried in multiple browsers and also used different cards. Please help.

Hey @yusuf4,

Thanks for getting back to us! Sorry to hear the proposed tips didn't do the trick. 

Have in mind that many debit cards in India don’t allow recurring payments. Usually you can change to a prepaid plan, or try with another card. If you have a credit card, that's an option. 

Check on your account page for all of the payment options that are available to you.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

I've tried doing the same, used 3 different cards but none have worked so far. I've tried using a VISA as well as a MasterCard.
It isn't that many cards/banks are not working it's 'Most' or almost all.

There is no other mode of payment allowed for Family premium except a Credit/Debit Card. No prepaid option as well so even suggesting that as a solution seems like trolling.
In my honest opinion either it should be clearly specified which banks/cards are working with Spotify payments or other options should be available. You guys are missing out on a lot of customers from what I can see roaming about in the forums.

Hey @MasterOfMadness,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties starting your Premium plan.

We recently faced some issues regarding payments in India, which should be fixed by now. If you're still experiencing this, you can reach out to our support teams so that they can have a look backstage at what's happening.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts