Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists eliminated when changing country?

Playlists eliminated when changing country?

I have moved from Mexico to the United States. I updated my address and registered a credit card issued by a U.S. bank.

My monthly subscription has been updated to reflect the USA price and currency. However, Mexico still is indicated as my country.

An article in the help forum seems to suggest that I’ll need to cancel the Mexican account and start anew with a U.S. account. But wouldn’t I lose all of my playlists and other account data? If so, is that really the best Spotify can do? 

I understand licensing and taxation issues. I’m just hoping that using the same email address, perhaps, would conserve the p

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iOS

Operating System

Most recent

1 Reply

Hi there @Ocean,

thanks for posting !

Premium subscribers can travel the world and use their Spotify account everywhere and anytime they want.

However, if you moved to another country permanently, you'd have to chance your country settings.

In order to make sure you have followed the right steps changing your country settings, please check out this help page.

If upon following the steps you'll eventually decide you wish to create a new account and have your data transfered safely, you can always visit this Spotify Answer for more help.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Suggested posts