Premium

Country

U.S

Device

(iPhone X, Macbook Air)

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hello - I am a spotify premium account holder and I am being prompted to verify my address via a GPS locator. Since I have moved twice since I created the account, the GPS locator will deam my address incorrect. I saw that if you change addressses with premium, the only option is to cancel my account [and all others linked to the account] and create a new one. 

I was wondering if once I were to create a new account, there would be a way to link to my original spotify premium account so I do not lose my saved music, playlists, etc?

Please advice. Thanks,

Holly

1 Reply

Hey @hollyetyler.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The only way to update your address in case you have relocated, is to create a new account indeed. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts