Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo

Premium Duo

Recently I signed up for the Premium Duo program. My boyfriend already has an account and he was added to my duo account. Does he need to cancel his subscription so as not to get double-charged?  Otherwise, if he cancels his premium payment will it cancel his account even though he is now on the premium duo? 

Thanks

1 Reply

Hi @jenmarnold,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Your boyfriend doesn’t need to cancel his subscription to avoid being double-charged, since once he has joined the Premium Duo plan, all subsequent payments on his account will be made by the plan’s manager; and any remaining regular Premium time he has is forfeited. You can also read more about the Premium Duo plan here.

If your boyfriend wishes to be removed from the Premium Duo plan, though, he can log in to his account page, and under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN. From there, he can choose CANCEL PREMIUM under Spotify Free, which will change his subscription to Free. Changing plans will not cancel his account or cause him to lose his playlists, followers, personalized recommendations, or end-of-year Spotify Wrapped statistics.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts