Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Fam created under account A with owner mail from account B. Problems!!!!

Solved!

Premium Fam created under account A with owner mail from account B. Problems!!!!

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium 

Device

iPhone 5SE

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I have subscribed to Premium Family, while being logged in with the account of my daughter. For the owner however, I added my own mail address. I have been able to invite all family members, who are experiencing no issues.

I am however not able to benefit the Family funtionalities. I am still a regular Spotify user and not able to administer the Family subscription, although being the owner. When logging in on my daughter's account and clicking Premium Family, it states that she is member of Premium Family and should contact the owner, ... which would be me.

Please help. Using the same account on 2 different devices simultaneously is not a good idea.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @_3bp3-yn8t37l.

In this case, it'll be best to contact the Support team. You can reach out to them via Twitter or Facebook.

They'll take a closer look at your accounts to help you straighten things out.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @vu_k1jk-edd0t, welcome to the Community!

You can have your daughter invite you to the plan. Everything will work just fine with your subscription on your account as well as your family members.

If you want your account to be the admin, reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook with her account info within 14 days of the payment being made.

After our team helps you out, you can try resubscribing on your account.

Hope that helps.

That's actually the problem. When logging in with my daughter's account and accessing Premium for Family, it states that her account is part of a Family subscription and that she should contact the owner to manage the subscription.

When I - as owner, based on mail address - log in to my account, it states that I have Spotify Free. When clicking on Premium for Family, I am redirected to the page to subscribe to Premium for Family.

See also screenshots attached (in Dutch though)

I am not able to manage my subscription in any way.

<Mod edit: Screenshots had personal info>

Hey @_3bp3-yn8t37l.

Sounds like you could've subscribed to the plan using her account as the plan owner, instead of yours.

In this case, you'll need to manage the subscription from her account and send an invite to your account to join the plan. You can find all the info on how to manage the plan here.

Let me know how it goes.

please look at my previous reply.

Could it have to do with the fact that she is not 18 yet?

Being under 18 shouldn't cause this issue with the Family plan.

Just to confirm, have you checked if there's a second account created with your information? You might have a Free account and a Premium account linked to the Family plan.

If you haven't looked into this, try following the suggestions on this support page.

Let me know how it goes.

I have a 'regular' account, created in Spotify and one created using Facebook (App under settings). I have removed the one from FB. But still no change.

When logging in with my accout, I still am Spotify Free. When logging in with the account of my daughter and clicking on Premium for Family, it states 

'Premium for Family

Your account is part of a family plan, please refer to the Premium for Family owner to manage your plan.'

<Mod edit: Personal info>

Any update on my last reply?

Anyone?

Please find a solution. I am getting a little frustrated here.

Marked as solution

Hey @_3bp3-yn8t37l.

In this case, it'll be best to contact the Support team. You can reach out to them via Twitter or Facebook.

They'll take a closer look at your accounts to help you straighten things out.

All the best.

Hi Alfredo

We are having the same problem and despite multiple invites, they are not coming through to my email and I cannot access the premium. 

Seperately in my account profile I cannot edit my post code and apparently this needs to be the same as my account A holders (my wifes). This field does not appear.

Help!

thank you

Suggested posts