Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family Invite Link not working

Premium Family Invite Link not working

Hello community, 

I've been trying to add family members to my Premium Family account...but as soon they click on the link given in the email that they received, the are simply sent to the general Login-in mask and not to the site with their individual Token number as explained in the FAQ's.

Any clues? 

Thanks

13 Replies

I have the same problem, I tried to use the code by "cash in" in the list but then the code is invalid.

Same for me.

My kids can join the Family, but I can't.

My wife and I both have access but my daughter doesnt. When we enter the code, it just says that the code is no longer valid.

Any suggestions!?!

Does Spotify ever answer these questions?

Hey @johnjrainbird,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community. We'll be happy to help you manage your Family subscription so that you and your family members can enjoy Premium together!

First off, keep in mind that with Premium Family each member gets their own Spotify account. If the family members you wish to add to your plan already have their own Spotify account, they can join by logging into (or sign up for) their own account to open the invite. 

If you get an error message saying the invite is no longer valid, it may have expired. In this case the plan manager can create a new link by logging into their Family page and send it to family member.

The invitee should then head to spotify.com, click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, they can reopen the new invite link and log in again using the credentials for their own Spotify account (i.e., their email address and password).

For full information on Premium Family, we suggest checking out this support article.

Hope this helps. We'll be happy to answer any further questions you may have 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify, the family invite link simply doesn’t work. It leads to a page that says that there’s no content. My children all have access, but I am not allowed in.

Hey there @hwb3

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error message you get when you're trying to accept the invite? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

IMG_3997.png

Thank you for your reply and thinking along with me. Unfortunately it’s in Dutch. Look forward to your response!

Hey @hwb3

Thanks for your reply. 

Several users have been reporting this in this thread and some of the users shared what worked for them. Could you give those steps a try to see if they work for you as well?

If the issue persists, we suggest that you add your info to that thread (troubleshooting steps you've already tried) so we can have all the reports in one place. 

Cheers! 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm having the same issue with trying to add our aunt who's just moved in with us. I've tried logging in and out, I've changed her password, I've tried in incognito mode. Literally nothing is working. Pretty shambolic that you pay for this and all your suggested reboots don't work

Hey there @ElaBella94,

Could you check her account to see if she already has Premium on her account? If she's currently the manager of another Family/Duo plan, she'll first need to cancel the subscription and wait until the account reverts to free before joining your Family plan. The same applies in case she has Premium Individual through one of our partners (a mobile carrier, for example).

Once you've ensured that the account is on free, you can send her a new invite by following the steps in this article. If you’re using the same device, make sure the plan manager logs out before she opens the invite link.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Morning. As i said in my post, I've literally followed every single step in
your previous advice. She has got free Spotify at the moment. We've tried
to issue a new link 10 times, tried it on chrome, bing, incognito mode,
we've logged her out and back in, even changed her password and NOTHING is
working.

Hello @ElaBella94

Thank you for the quick response. 

To be precise, does she not receive the invite link via email or does she receive an error code when trying to accept the invite? At the end of each invite there is a unique code that should look like this:  https://www.spotify.com/au/family/join/invite/ CODE. 

You can copy the link and send it directly to the recipient. If that doesn't work could you please send us a screenshot of how things look like on your end and we will go from there. 

Hope this will help.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts