Casual Listener

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Sonos, Echo Dot

My Question or Issue

I have a Spotify Premium Family account. So we should be able to play each on different devices different music. This does not work. It stops playing when another song is activated on another device.  And also a second question : All the Alexa devices have the same Alexa account ( so they are connected ) , but can I use 1 Alexa device for 1 family member, and another device for another family member? 

4 Replies

Re: Premium Family and Alexa

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hey @Marleenvd thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

Because of the fact you can only play songs on one device at a time on Spotify, you will have to connect each device to a seperate Spotify account.

Best,

Jack :)

JᴀᴄᴋRock Star 3
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marleenvd
Casual Listener

Thanks, Jack, that is an option for Spotify. But my Alexa devices are on the same Alexa-account ( or they can't communicate with each other, which is the goal of having Alexa ), and I think I can only use 1 Spotify-account on my Alexa-account.

Hey @Marleenvd.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the late reply!

Yes, that's right - each member of the family has to have their own Alexa account linked to their own Spotify account in order to be able to listen to Spotify on their respective devices.

Here are the instructions on how to link each Spotify account to its respective Alexa account.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any more questions about this.

Happy listening :)

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

tamiand

Hi,

I have 5 echo in my house, two kids and a wife. Each time someone ask music in there room, Alexa stop music in initial place. It works with Amazon music family account. Why not with Spotify? 

SUGGESTED POSTS