Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium family and existing playlists

Solved!

Premium family and existing playlists

I read that when I move to another country I have to create another account. Though I find awful this behaviour, I dont have another option, so I have to live with that.

Two questions:

1. What happens to my playlists once I cancel my original premium family account? 

2. I have more than a hundred playlists. How can I move all of them to my new account? 

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

All your saved songs and podcasts won't go away with your plan since the different plans will only change the subscription status, not the data saved in your account. In order to change your country settings, you'll just have to follow the steps mentioned in the article I sent above.

Are you a member or the admin of your Family Plan

You can also check out this article with Q&As about the plan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @sergiorgiraldo ,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you're doing great.

To avoid losing all your data, I recommend you to check out this article about how to change your country settings.

You don't need to cancel your account, just leave the Family Plan in order to change your country settings.

Once you cancel the Family Plan, the only thing that is going to change is your subscription status. As long as you don't close your account, you should be able to still have access to all your saved music and playlists. You'll only lose Premium features, not your music.

Hope this helps clear things up 🙂

just to be sure, does this apply to premium family too?

Marked as solution

All your saved songs and podcasts won't go away with your plan since the different plans will only change the subscription status, not the data saved in your account. In order to change your country settings, you'll just have to follow the steps mentioned in the article I sent above.

Are you a member or the admin of your Family Plan

You can also check out this article with Q&As about the plan.

Admin

Hey there @sergiorgiraldo,

Thanks for keeping in touch and adding these details!

Just to confirm, have you taken a look at the steps provided in this support site article here regarding changing your plan's address? 

Keep in mind that there are some changes to the way Premium for Family works, there's more info about this here. With this in mind, could you confirm your new country so we can take a closer look? 

On another note, if you end up making a new account, you can follow the steps provided in this Spotify Answer to have your playlists and saved songs over from your original account.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply - we'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina, I appreciate you took the time to reply.

I am still not sure of the country, it will be either England or Netherlands, more on that next week.

Suggested posts