Premium family

Country

England

Device

(iPhone 7, iPhone 6, macbook pro pre 2012

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issu

I have registered for premium family and sent a request to all my family....I have managed to register my daughter on my account, so she can't use her own music....I have managed to change my name to hers....and don't know how to get everyone to have their own accounts...HELP! please..

5 Replies

Hey @karenappleson,

Thanks for reaching out about this - we'll be happy to help you out here 🙂

Do you mind confirming for us that your daughter has her own Spotify account which is separate from yours? If not, then she'll need to head over here to create one.

Once she has her own account, you'll be able to invite her over to your Family plan! Make sure to follow the instructions in this support article.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

Take care for now 🙂

Hi, thank you but it’s saying she can’t join her own plan....

What can I do? I think I put my details in instead of hers

Hi @karenappleson,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

The error message you received indicates that the device your daughter was using to accept the invitation you sent her, has your Spotify account credentials on it.

We'd suggest you start with creating a new invite link by logging into your Family page and send it to your daughter again.

Before she opens the invite she should first head to spotify.com and click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, your daughter should be able to accept the new invite link and log in again using the credentials for her own Spotify account (i.e., her email address and password).

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, we’ve tried that and it keeps taking us back to the log in with my details

Hey there @karenappleson,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Try to send the Invitation link to the email address of your daughter from your own device. After that, before she opens the link on her own device, she should make sure that she is logged out both from the app and from the Web Page. She could also try to use an incognito window to open the Invitation link, to avoid issues caused by cache and cookies.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts