Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for Family - number of devices per user?

Solved!

Premium for Family - number of devices per user?

My Question or Issue

I am considering upgrading to the premium for family. Unfortunately we are only 2 at this address, so I do wish Spotify had a premium for couples (for example),...up to 6 is a bit of overkill if you ask me. Anyway, I read that each user in the premium for family account can only use 1 device? Is this correct? If that's the case I definitely won't be upgrading because I use my single spotify account on my laptop, phone and smart watch...restricting to 1 device makes no sense in 2019 when we all have multiple smart devices. Anybody know the answer please?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Nadiya1 and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂

When you sign up for the Family plan, each user can still have their own account with a login/password. This means you can log in on any of your devices (phone, laptop etc) as a separate user. So long as the device is supported, you should be able to stream from whichever is your preference. You just won't be able to stream on multiple devices with your personal login at the same time.

There are some more helpful tips for using the Family plan here. Hope this helps and have an amazing day! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Nadiya1 and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂

When you sign up for the Family plan, each user can still have their own account with a login/password. This means you can log in on any of your devices (phone, laptop etc) as a separate user. So long as the device is supported, you should be able to stream from whichever is your preference. You just won't be able to stream on multiple devices with your personal login at the same time.

There are some more helpful tips for using the Family plan here. Hope this helps and have an amazing day! 🙂

Thanks @Bethany_03, that really helped a lot. Will be upgrading.

Have a good day too!

Nadiya

Suggested posts