Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium for family not working!

Premium for family not working!

Plan

Premium for Family

Netherlands 

All Devices

As a family we have a Premium Family account. Although we have paid, it's not working! And because it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact Spotify directly (no customer support? wth!) I have to use this forum. This is realy unacceptable! Common guy's solve this issue ASAP!

10 Replies

Hi senv2312 ! Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

Here is , i share some information for you ;

*** i underlined and red coloured the line it may work for you. If you need more help please keep in touch we can discover together. And Spotify support page has helpful and wide explanation. The link ;

https://support.spotify.com/ 

More ;

To join an existing Premium for Family plan, you need to reside at the same physical address as the plan’s owner (the person who subscribed to the plan). 

All members have their own personal Premium account (so you don’t need to worry about asking the plan’s owner for their username and password). 

If you don't have an account yet, you’re given the option to create one as you join. If you do, and already have Premium, future payments switch to the plan owner (and any Premium time remaining from previous payments will resume when you leave the family plan). 

Note: If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. your mobile provider, you need to cancel your subscription with them to join Premium for Family.

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan.
  2. You'll receive an email with a link to join. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
    Note: If you're not already logged in or don't have an account yet, you'll be asked to log in or sign up before seeing the confirmation.
  3. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can only switch from one Family plan to another once every 12 months.
  • You can’t combine it with any trials, or offers such as the student discount.
  • If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through another company (e.g. your broadband/mobile provider), you need to cancel your subscription with them to upgrade to Premium for Family.

Have a nice day. 

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't solve the issue. As I mentioned we paid
for the family premium account but non of us are getting it. Not even my
son who is the owner of the family account. Nothing has changed since the
previous months.

Same here. I've been apart of the Family subscription for many months (almost a year). No problem at all till about a week ago.

It says upgrade and has turned my account into a free account yet I clearly see a receipt this month for the 'Family Plan sub-account'.

I have logged out and in and nothing works on all devices from PC, Android phone, or web player.

What can I do? There's no support.

Hi @imshinra !

Have you checked this out yet ?

Note: If you're subscribed to Spotify Premium through a third party, e.g. your mobile provider, you need to cancel your subscription with them to join Premium for Family.

Have a great weekend.

and for the support , write to them through Contact Form (https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/ ) or tweet Spotify ( @SpotifyCares ).

They do not reply. I am having same problem but was ignored. Standard email with no solution.

We may get some help from Rockstars by tagging them. 

@jean3601

@KatesHere

@Merik

@JayLB

Not applicable to me 😞

Hi @imshinra @senv2312 @marcela123,

I think we can resolve this by checking out this article, sorry I didnt see this one, but here is the article from Spotify support: 

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/i-pay-for-premium-why-am-i-on-free/

Hope this can help,

-J

Thank you!

Suggested posts