Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium to Family account

Solved!

Premium to Family account

Dear reader,

Recently I convinced my father to try Spotify, like I promised him he does use it very often lately. After a tryout he wanted to get an premium account also but since we're family we can use the discount which we did. Now I'm connected to my fathers account because he's the owner of the mainaccount. As you may expect my own premium account is not in need anymore but I can't turn it off because the site is showing that I'm connect to the family account and I have to contact the mainuser. Can I assume my premium account has been automaticlly stopped? Or do I still have to request somewhere? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DrRose

When you accept the invite to join the family plan with your account, your premium plan is automatically stopped. So you don't need to worry about being charged again for premium. All future premium payments on your account are made by the family plan owner. They will be paying for the monthly family premium plan.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @DrRose

When you accept the invite to join the family plan with your account, your premium plan is automatically stopped. So you don't need to worry about being charged again for premium. All future premium payments on your account are made by the family plan owner. They will be paying for the monthly family premium plan.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts