Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem setting up Family Plan

Solved!

Problem setting up Family Plan

Hi wonder if someone can help.

Have had a Spotify Premium account for ages, but now decided to go for the family account.

Before my daughter and I shared the music time, with only one of us using it at a time.

Now I have ammended the account as we both want to listen to different music at the same time.

I have sent her an invite but she just gets is the picture I have attached.

Does it mean that the family plan does not start until the 2 Sept.?

Does she need a free account on her phone to be able to join the family plan?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

received_457835937957412.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Mike0828,

It looks like she's still logged into your account when she tries to accept the invite. I'd recommend telling her to log out of the Spotify account and then click on the invite link.

She'll then be prompted to sign into an account or create a new one. 

• If she doesn't have an account yet, she's given the option to create one as she joins.
  • If she does, then she can just log into her account and accept the invite there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Mike0828,

It looks like she's still logged into your account when she tries to accept the invite. I'd recommend telling her to log out of the Spotify account and then click on the invite link.

She'll then be prompted to sign into an account or create a new one. 

• If she doesn't have an account yet, she's given the option to create one as she joins.
  • If she does, then she can just log into her account and accept the invite there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

MaximSpotify Star

Hey GUys, I have a similar thread question. My son and I both had a premium account. I realised that I can upgrade to family plan for cheaper. So I just did that and sent him a link. He clicked on the link and it all seemed to work and he is in. My question now is will the charge for his premium account still come off or do we need to do something to stop that from going off or will that updated automatically and stop the charge from his account?

Hey @greggdardagan,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Community.

In this case, the old subscription of your son will end as he's a new member of your plan (this means no more payments will be processed on his Spotify account). There more info here.

Don't forget that the Community is here for you in case you have additional questions.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Hi to all, I have an issue with my account. A familiar click the link to join us at familiar plan, but his account seems like free account. We need to do something extra step or is an issue from his account?

IMG-20220331-WA0078.jpg

Hey @elidcd ,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts