Solved!

Problem with address recognition for Premium Family

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I've been wanting to add a member of my family to the Family premium plan. I've sent the invitation link but every time they try to enter our home address they get the message:

"It seems like you're trying to join Premium Family from a different country. Premium Family is available only for family members that live together. Try again when you are at the right address."

I am currently in another country for a vacation so maybe the problem is that I sent the invitation with an IP address that is not from the same state where I normally live? I've also tried to do everything using a VPN but it's not working. It's really annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @o-8quva0_eka,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Can you confirm that you've made sure the country settings of your Spotify account and the person you want to add to your Family plan match?

If they don't, we recommend you check out this article on our support website, to see how to change the country setting.

Hope this is useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @o-8quva0_eka,

thanks for posting !

For a Family plan to work properly, all invitees should have their own private accounts and can only be invited if they reside under the same address and country.

If you're currently abroad, you'll have to wait till you get back home and send the invites using the correct connection from the country and address you're at.

To learn more about the Family plan, please make sure to check out this help page.

Hope this helps 🙂

UPDATE:
I'm back home now but I keep getting the same result when trying to add somebody. What can I do to fix this?
Marked as solution

Hi there @o-8quva0_eka,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Can you confirm that you've made sure the country settings of your Spotify account and the person you want to add to your Family plan match?

If they don't, we recommend you check out this article on our support website, to see how to change the country setting.

Hope this is useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Thanks a lot! The problem was the country setting in the account of the person I wanted to add, I hadn't thought about that, it's because I created their account for them while I was away.
Thank you very much

Suggested posts