Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with device limit on family account

Solved!

Problem with device limit on family account

Hi guys, 

This morning I opened Spotify and an error message poped up saying that I have more than three devices using the off-line mode. 

I have the family account with my sister and my brother. On my side I have JUST one device on which I use offline mode. Moreover, I just use Spotify on my phone and my PC (not laptop, tablet or anything else). I'm guessing that with the family plan you hace three maximum devices for all the members? If that is correct, as I am the admin of the account, can I "prioritize" my mobile phone over one of their devices? Or put a limit of "1" for all of us?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Drucatar! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

You should be able to use 3 offline devices per account.

Be sure to check the offline devices page out, you can remove the devices that you don't need there. ^^

Let me know if that helps or if you got some more questions. ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Drucatar! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

You should be able to use 3 offline devices per account.

Be sure to check the offline devices page out, you can remove the devices that you don't need there. ^^

Let me know if that helps or if you got some more questions. ^^

Peace

If you tell me that 3 devices per account is permmited, I might have done something wrong =/

Still, I attach the image just in case you see something weird =/

Spotify.PNG

It's not cool to have issues like this while you're enjoing your Spotify.

It's not actually about your Family plan. Premium for Family plan can be used by 6 users at the same time (which includes the plan owner).

Spotify allows you to save your playlists offline to a maximum of three devices. When you add a fourth, the oldest one will be no longer be enabled for offline play.

Maybe what’s happened here is that Spotify is confused about how many devices you have registered for offline use.

You can view and manage your offline devices on our website here. From there you can remove any devices you no longer use.

If you’re still having trouble, Spotify can disconnect all your devices at once on their end. This does mean you’ll have to re-download any offline playlists if you want to use them for offline play again.

To go ahead, please head here to reach out to Spotify advisors to get this done.

Hope this helps!

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫

@Drucatar

Are you sure that you're logged into your actual account on your app?

Because I can't see something weird in the screenshot. It might be possible that you're logged into your sisters or brothers account. ^^

Peace 

Well, that would be really a surprise since I don't have their passwords!

Anyway, they both use Iphones, I'm the only Android user in the family. I have been traveling a lot to France for work issues. It's not the first time that all my downloaded songs dissapear, but It's the first time I can see the actual message stating that I have more than 3 devices =/

The first times that my songs were deleted, I thought it was because of my constant travels to France and I tried to contact directly Spotify support. I never got an answer, though. However, I have not been in france for 2 months, that's why I'm surprised and I posted this. Anyone else is getting his songs deleted from time to time?

Once you've use a 4th device and download offline music on it, the oldest one would automatically will be deleted. You'll lose all of your offline music on that oldest device.

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫

Suggested posts