Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Promotion for upgrade to Premium for Family

Promotion for upgrade to Premium for Family

Plan: Premium

My Question or Issue;

Dear all, I'm a subscriber since many years and considering an upgrade towards premium for family. I understand that this upgrade will require a higher monthly contribution. However I see that new users can get it for 3 months for free... I don't see the option for upgrading users.

Is this the case? It would be very unfortunate if a long time user would not be able to enjoy this if they upgrade...

Any news on this?

3 Replies

Hey @DonViany, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be here to help.

The 3-month trial is only available to new Premium Family subscribers. Since you currently have an active Premium subscription, you won't be able to use the 3-month trial towards Premium Family.

There is some more info about Premium trials here.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So basically I'm obliged to create a new account and close down my existing one if I want to use this promotion... ?

Because it doesn't feel correct that this is not available for existing users. To give an example, I had, back in the day, only 30 days which gave me an advantage of 10 euro. Now 3 months free family would mean 45 euro... In proportion a big difference... And on top, the fact I'm a member for years...

Hey there @DonViany

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just a tiny addition to what @Billy-J already mentioned. The Free trial of our Premium offers is only available to users who have never used Premium before. The purpose of the trial is to let users try the service and decide if they want to pay for it in the future.  

That's why trial offers are intended to be used only once per user. In this sense, it'd not be possible to activate the trial second time on a newly created account. Of course, you can get the regular Family plan anytime here

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Suggested posts