Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Purchased Premium with gift code, now want Family

Solved!

Purchased Premium with gift code, now want Family

My wife and I both had free plans and this Christmas our son purchased a gift code for us for one year of Premium. (He thought it was for the Family plan, but apparently not). I used the gift code to upgrade my account so I now have a one year Prime subscription while my wife still  has the free subscription.

I have tried to upgrade to Family so that we can just pay the difference between the Prime and Family amounts. The page asks for my credit card information with no indication of the amount that will be charged. Before I do this I want to be sure that I'm not going to be charged for the Family subscription without being credited for the one year of Prime from my gift code.. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah okay!

At the moment, you can't use the balance of a gift card towards the cost of anything other than Spotify Premium for a single account - the balance/worth of your prepaid Premium can't be used towards the cost of Spotify Premium for Family 🙂

Does this make sense?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there!

Thanks for posting your concern to the Community! Unfortunately, you aren't able to use the credit on a Spotify gift-card towards the cost of a Spotify Premium for Family subscription. Find out more at: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-gift-cards/ > Gift card not working?

Cheers,
Tim

Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand that I can't use the gift card for a family subscription. I have redeemed it for a personal prime subscription.

My question pertains to upgrading to family now that I have (essentially) prepaid for one year of prime; that is if I want to now upgrade to a Family Subscription, will I get credited for my prepayment?

Marked as solution

Ah okay!

At the moment, you can't use the balance of a gift card towards the cost of anything other than Spotify Premium for a single account - the balance/worth of your prepaid Premium can't be used towards the cost of Spotify Premium for Family 🙂

Does this make sense?

Your explanation makes sense but the rule doesn't. I guess we're out of luck for a family membership.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Happy to have helped!

If you need help with anything else, I'm.... https://open.spotify.com/track/40wFAseXr2d6XhCm0Il5R7 🙂

Have a great day,
Tim

Suggested posts