Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Quit a family plan

Quit a family plan

I am currently a member of a family plan. How can i quit the current plan and start another one as a host of the new family plan?

I try to go to subscription> manage plan > cancel plan / cancel premium but fail to quit...

5 Replies

Hey @claudialai.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out.

Could you let us know whether you see an error of some sort after you click on Cancel Premium? If you could attach a screenshot, that would be great 🙂

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for helping out. I was trying to (1) cancel my premium (currently I am a member of a family plan) and (2) start a new family plan with myself being the owner. 

This was what I saw after cancelling my premium. I thought it was okay.This was what I saw after cancelling my premium. I thought it was okay.But this was what I saw when I went back to the subscription page AFTER cancelling and seeing the first picture.But this was what I saw when I went back to the subscription page AFTER cancelling and seeing the first picture.The same happened no matter how many times I tried. 

Hey @claudialai.

Thanks for getting back to us with those screenshots.

Could you wait until the end of the day today (23 January)? This is when the Family plan should end, and you should go back to Free.

After that, you will be able to subscribe to Premium for Family and become the Family plan owner.

If you're still seeing that you're on Premium for Family on your account overview page after the 23rd, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 🙂

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately I am still a member of a family plan when I logged on today (24/1/2019).  In fact, I did the same (cancelling and waiting for a day) for quite a number of times in the past few weeks. That was why I came here to look for help. It's getting more and more frustrating. I just wanted to start a new plan. 

Hey @claudialai,

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's odd! In that case, we suggest you get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to take a look backstage and see what's happening with your account - hopefully they should have it sorted for you in no time.

Do let us know how you get on! If you have any further questions, we'll be right here.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts