Recovering playlists of a deleted Spotify Family member

Solved!

Recovering playlists of a deleted Spotify Family member

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Poland

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Community, I would like to kindly as you for help.

My ex-partner was a member of Premium for Family plan. As we had split and are currently going through a rather unpleasant split of assets I have removed her from the family list. However, I was not aware that it would delete all of her playlists. Is there a way to recover those? I see three options: 

1. If I add her again, she will again see her playlists

2. Maybe someone from the Spotify can help 

3. Not possible

While the situation is not nice, I had not gave her heads up and I can relate to a sad fact that all of her playlists got deleted, I would truly appreciate your help. 

Thanks a ton!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @RegularJohn

Changing subscription or removing someone from Spotify Family should not make their playlists disappear. 

Spotify automatically backs up the playlists you create, so if you delete them, they’re easy to get back.

• She needs to log in to her account page.
  • Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  • Click RESTORE by the playlist she wants to recover.
  • Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of her playlist collection.

If it doesn't help, it’s possible she created the playlist with another account, so she needs to make sure she's logging in to the account that originally created the playlist.
If she's not sure she has another account, here's a Support article on that. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @RegularJohn

Changing subscription or removing someone from Spotify Family should not make their playlists disappear. 

Spotify automatically backs up the playlists you create, so if you delete them, they’re easy to get back.

• She needs to log in to her account page.
  • Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  • Click RESTORE by the playlist she wants to recover.
  • Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of her playlist collection.

If it doesn't help, it’s possible she created the playlist with another account, so she needs to make sure she's logging in to the account that originally created the playlist.
If she's not sure she has another account, here's a Support article on that. 

Suggested posts