Country

Denmark

Device

PC, IPhone

Operating System

IOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify

I like the fact that you try out things, like it a lot even. Sometimes ideas aren't great, though, and then it would be really great to be able to disable them. Your new Family Mix is one such case - I honestly don't think you understand your users that well, if you think teenagers want to share music (or anything really) with their parents.

Google tells me that I'm able to opt out (https://support.spotify.com/ie/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/family-mix/) but I, and my family, want to REALLY opt out - make it go away and have less clutter on my screen.

Can you pls. make this toggle somewhere (and based on your usage data consider making it default OFF)?

Thanks,

Jesper

11 Replies

Re: Remove Family Mix

Xyriz
Visitor

Yeah. This is utterly **bleep**ing annoying. When you are the top of the tree of the membership but you can’t control anything. Useless. 

Basset444
Visitor

Please tell me it is possible to diable the family mix !! I'll be cancelling my subscription if it's not !!!!

tomascanning
Casual Listener

Couldn't agree more. I don't mind new features but nothing worse than them being forced upon you.

An option for the main user to turn it off is all this is needed!

Fionacro
Visitor

I agree. I hate that there is no choice as to whether we have this or not. 

Please spotify give us the option to delete. I feel it’s an invasion of all family members privacy.

Lat31320

Definitely a bad idea.

I wonder what kind of family have Spotify's business managers.

calavera_
Casual Listener

I disagree. 

Surely a toggle to "hard opt-out" or whatever OP suggested is a good thing if it pleases customers like these, but the family mix is awesome in my opinion. 

My family list is made up of my adult family including some in-laws (one teenager). We all share the family account so, out of our family, we are the prime music listeners. We have already enjoyed the new feature and the conversation it brings about. 

Honestly (and i'll go make a new suggestion), these lists should just be a feature you can spin up with any particular group of friends you choose. That would be AMAZING. I have several friends who I would LOVE to share a list like this with.

tomascanning
Casual Listener
I appreciate fully that you enjoy this feature, and that you and your family have benefited from it.

But going back to the root of my comments and others like it; this should not be forced upon every Family user. Those on standard Premium accounts aren’t subjected to having their music tastes and patterns shared with up to five different people.

Under Article 8 of the ECHR, each person is given the right to a private life. This feature potentially breaches such an article when without consent it is sharing information about me to others, regardless of our familial relationship.

jon9091

Anytime you put a feature like this in, it would be nice if there was a preference to disable it. Did anyone even consider that?

Highlighted

j_8n5-g2x8vsb

Agreed, there should be an opt out button, or if not, let an individual user opt out, because although we may still have similar songs, I don’t want my music mixed in to stuff up the vibe, if that makes sense.

SUGGESTED POSTS