Premium Family

Country

United States

Device

iPod

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

When I share a playlist that contains only podcasts with my child's Spotify Kids account, none of the podcast episodes show up on my child's Spotify Kids app. The podcasts included in this playlist are from PBS KIDS and Bedtime History. Any idea what I need to do to get this to work?

12 Replies

Hey @Tetraneutron,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if the issue persists after a clean reinstall of the Spotify Kids app? This involves deleting the cache and usually resolves issues like the one you're facing.

If that doesn't fix things, we'd appreciate some more info on the playlist you're trying to share - is it a public one or one you created? Can you replicate the behavior if you copy all of it's content to a new playlist and share that one instead? If you could also share the Spotify URI/ link of the playlist, we'd be happy to take a closer look at it.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm having this problem too. I tried to share a playlist of bedtime stories from Blue's Clues and my son can't access it. Are they unable to access kids podcasts?

Hey there @C3J,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that @Mihail provided of a clean reinstall?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if it's a private or a public playlist?

It would also be great if you can send us the URI of the playlist.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi! Here is the url for the list:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3sIondKOnrKYTttDD8O8i3?si=WkCE9DikT2OkWnlpR9JNJw&utm_source=copy-l...

I did the reinstall; it was private but I made it public, it didn't do
anything. I did a little more digging and did see that podcasts weren't
available for kids but I assumed one from Nickelodeon as it is a kids
network would be. If it isn't available for spotify kids, do you know when
it will be?

Hey @C3J,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Availability of music and podcasts can vary over time between the Spotify and Kids apps and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away. Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform so hopefully the podcasts up soon.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same problem. It seems as if Spotify for Kids automatically remove Podcast episodes. Too bad that the “support” provided here doesn’t mention this. When will Spotify for Kids allow podcast episodes if they are shared by their parents? 

Hi @Redremedy

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Sorry for any confusion. Currently, podcasts can't be shared and will be removed from playlists when shared to a Kids account.

We can't say if or when this will be implemented, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to the right folks as we always strive to improve our users' experience. 

The Community will be here if anything else comes up. 

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, I'm having the same issue. How can I get the podcast "Les p'tites histoires" (French) approved on Spotify Kids. Honestly, this is really annoying: these are children stories, I shouldn't even have to share them with my child for them to be accessible.

Could you please look into this topic again? There are so many great podcasts out there for kids and I could not find any app so far where parents can influence which podcasts are accessible.

If this would work with Spotify Kids this would be awesome and definitely a reason to stay with Spotify.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback in this thread.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It seems pretty assinine that a company who has spent millions of dollars on podcast content cant not figure out a way to enable their Spotify Kids App to all for KIDS podcasts.  I am going to be cancelling my Spotify premium since access to the Kids app is useless and signing up for the Wondery + I suggest others do the same until Spotify figures this out. 

You are actually right.. I'm not sure why I pay for a family subscription when I can't use it the way I want. The Kids account is more or less useless as it is right now.

Suggested posts