Premium Family

Country

United States

Device

iPod

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

When I share a playlist that contains only podcasts with my child's Spotify Kids account, none of the podcast episodes show up on my child's Spotify Kids app. The podcasts included in this playlist are from PBS KIDS and Bedtime History. Any idea what I need to do to get this to work?

5 Replies

Re: Share Playlist of podcasts with Spotify Kids

Mihail

Hey @Tetraneutron,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if the issue persists after a clean reinstall of the Spotify Kids app? This involves deleting the cache and usually resolves issues like the one you're facing.

If that doesn't fix things, we'd appreciate some more info on the playlist you're trying to share - is it a public one or one you created? Can you replicate the behavior if you copy all of it's content to a new playlist and share that one instead? If you could also share the Spotify URI/ link of the playlist, we'd be happy to take a closer look at it.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

C3J
Casual Listener
Hi, I'm having this problem too. I tried to share a playlist of bedtime stories from Blue's Clues and my son can't access it. Are they unable to access kids podcasts?

Jeremy

Hey there @C3J,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that @Mihail provided of a clean reinstall?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if it's a private or a public playlist?

It would also be great if you can send us the URI of the playlist.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

C3J
Casual Listener
Hi! Here is the url for the list:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3sIondKOnrKYTttDD8O8i3?si=WkCE9DikT2OkWnlpR9JNJw&utm_source=copy-l...

I did the reinstall; it was private but I made it public, it didn't do
anything. I did a little more digging and did see that podcasts weren't
available for kids but I assumed one from Nickelodeon as it is a kids
network would be. If it isn't available for spotify kids, do you know when
it will be?

Mihail

Hey @C3J,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Availability of music and podcasts can vary over time between the Spotify and Kids apps and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away. Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform so hopefully the podcasts up soon.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS