Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

So Frustrated

So Frustrated

This is ridiculous. I have spent over 2 hours trying to get my account, my husband's account and our restaurant's account connected to the family plan with no success. Is spotify intentionally making this impossible and more frustrating than it's worth? Bottom line... we split our time between the USA and Peru. We have residences in both, and can pay with credit cards in either country. I would prefer to use my US address and credit card information, but I am physically in Peru until mid April. I have been charged on two different credit cards (one US credit card and one Peru credit card) for the Family Plan and neither are allowing us to connect to each other's account. I am being sent in a never ending loop and it is increasingly making me more and more angry. I am on the verge of cancelling all Spotify accounts. The fact that there is zero customer support for these questions is ridiculous. 

2 Replies

The family/address thing is one of the dumbest moves I have seen from Spotify. It would appear they would make more money by adopting a system similar to Netflix where the address is not relevant, but they base it on number of users. The frustration they're causing to users and time spent verifying addresses seems counterproductive.

I have a few family members who I would add onto my account, but we don't live in the same home. Instead, they'll remain on the free plan. Also looking at Apple Music which has no problem with where anybody lives.

The family/address thing is one of the dumbest moves I have seen from Spotify. It would appear they would make more money by adopting a system similar to Netflix where the address is not relevant, but they base it on number of users. The frustration they're causing to users and time spent verifying addresses seems counterproductive.

I have a few family members who I would add onto my account, but we don't live in the same home. Instead, they'll remain on the free plan. Also looking at Apple Music which has no problem with where anybody lives.

Suggested posts