Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

10 Replies

I'm having the same problem! I've tried in different browsers and on my phone. We also verified the address with Spotify Support so no issue with that.

Is there anyway to contact Spotify directly? I can't seem to find a number or email.

Hey there @natalie30793,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community about this!

We'd first recommend asking your family member to join in an incognito or private window in your browser and follow the steps below:

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan once more.
  2. Open a new incognito/private window in your browser.
  3. Access your email inbox and locate the new email invite.
  4. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You're redirected to your account page, where you'll see a confirmation screen.
  5. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

If that still doesn't do the trick, any screenshots of what happens would be helpful so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that no private or sensitive info is displayed.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey there @1216227545,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention that you've already reached out to our support teams, we'd recommend doing so once more that you're still having troubles. This way, they'll be able to take a closer look backstage for you.

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Thanks Katerina!

Turns out, it's related to the fact that I have the Premium + Hulu account, which isn't eligible to join a family plan. Do you know if that will change? Or if this account type is expiring soon? I feel bad that I made my boyfriend switch from his Premium + Hulu to Family and now the Hulu option isn't available anymore for him to switch back. Also, now we're paying more per household because he has the family plan for just himself while I'm hanging onto the Hulu option so he can keep watching shows.

Hi Katerina,

Have just tried again in an incognito tab, but still not working and getting the same error message.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message I receive.

Many thanks,

Natalie

Spotify error.png

Hey again @1216227545,

Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

It's indeed currently not possible to add Hulu on a Premium for Family subscription. However, this is something other Spotify users would like to see. In this case, we'd suggest adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea directly.

If you're interested to find out more information on how your feedback reaches Spotify or how ideas get implemented, make sure to check this Spotify Answer.

On another note, it's also possible for your boyfriend to change the plan to regular Premium. There's more info about this in this support site article.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hey again @natalie30793,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and adding that screenshot!

Just to confirm, are you currently in any bundle or offer like @1216227545?

Keep in mind that unfortunately, it's not possible to combine Premium for Family with any trials, or offers such as Hulu or the student discount.

If that's the case, it would explain why you're seeing this error message when trying to join your family's plan.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hi Katerina,

I used to have a Student Discount but that expired at my last Spotify renewal so it is just a standard Premium Account.

Again, I used to have it connected to my Headspace account, but I no longer use that app and I can't see anything on my Spotify to say it's still connected.

Do you think this could be why?

Many thanks,

Natalie

Hey there @natalie30793.

Thanks for keeping in touch and adding those details.

It's not possible to combine the Headspace offer with any trial offers or Premium for Family. This could explain why you're having troubles joining the Premium for Family plan.

In this case, we'd recommend following the steps here to cancel your Premium subscription before joining the plan.

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts