Sonos + iPhone at the same time?

Sonos + iPhone at the same time?

mitchellarno
Music Fan

Plan- Family

Free/Premium- Premium

Country- USA

Device- iPhone X/10

Hi there and I hope I'm posting this in the correct place! Does anyone know if I can listen to the Spotify app on the iPhone while someone else is listening to Sonos? We have a 'Family Acct' which offers 5 *seperate* Spotify accounts yet when I try to listen to Spotify in the car (& someone else is listening at the same time to Sonos at home), Spotify only allows access to 1 account at a time?  Thanks much, Mitch

17 Replies

Re: Sonos + iPhone at the same time?

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @mitchellarno, thanks for writing!

That's an easy one. The members in the plan must double check they're logging in their own accounts.

Please send the link bellow to all of them and see if every one's seeing their profiles.

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

mitchellarno
Music Fan

*Thanks so much for the reply! For some reason, I didnt get pinged on thre response so am just seeing it now. I did check w/other family members and that r logged into THEIR Spotify accounts. Any ideas or thoughts as to why Spotify doesnt work w/Sonos when more than 1 person is listening?

mitchellarno
Music Fan

Thanks very much! I checked and other family members are signed into their own accounts...

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Hi @mitchellarno,

Just to be clear, it's not solved, is it?

By the way, there are different ways to listen to sonos. You can use the sonos app or the spotify app. When you are not using the spotify app, a spotify account should be configured for sonos so sonos is able to stream spotify content. How are you listening to the sonos?

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 4

mitchellarno
Music Fan
Thx! This issue is not solved yet.
>How are you listening to the sonos?
Sonos is set up to stream Spotify content. To be clear, I listen to Spotify through Sonos when at home. When in the car or out of the house, I listen to Spotify through Spotify app.

Thanks again! Mitch

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Hi @mitchellarno,

Listening via the sonos app can be a bit problematic with a family account. Here's the reason why. When you setup the sonos device to stream spotify content you have to enter an account. When somebody else in your family is listening to the sonos, it will use that account. When you are listening to spotify in your car with the same account, one of them will stop. This applies to regular premium also of course but when you have family you might think this should be possible.

I have a sonos also and I never use the sonos app but I use the spotify app and then use spotify connect to stream to the sonos. All my family members do the same. This way the family member decides which account is used where.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 4

mitchellarno
Music Fan

Thanks so much! I also appreciate the pointer to Spotify Connect.

When I set up Sonos with the various streaming services, I attached 2 Spotify accounts to Sonos app. I just re-checked and Sonos app and see my account & my wifes both tied to Sonos for Spotify. I did the same for Amazon. My thinking at the time was that this would avoid the issue I'm now having! 

Spotify Connect seems to be a work-around but am confused as to why the process I used didnt work. Unless, Spotify and Sonos just dont play well together. 

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Hi @mitchellarno,

I also use sonos and connected one account. When I try to add another spotify account I got an error because I already added an account. Were you able to setup two accounts?

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 4

mitchellarno
Music Fan
Hi @rene, I was able to set up 2 accounts. I’ll send a screenshot in a bit when I’m in front of s larger screen.

Thanks!
SUGGESTED POSTS