Spotify Connect devices not listed when using other account within Premium Family

Highlighted

Spotify Connect devices not listed when using other account within Premium Family

hansh64

Plan
Premium

Country
Netherlands

Device
Samsung Galaxy A50/A8

Operating System
Android Pie

My Question or Issue

My daughter using her Galaxy A50 wants to use Spotify Connect on a SqueezeBox Radio which is connected to a Logitech Media Server running on a Synology NAS. When logged in with her own account, member of my Family Plan, the device, and any other Spotify Connect capable devices connected to LMS, are not listed in her app on her phone. However, when logged in as myself (main user within Plan) these devices show up and music can be played.

When using the Spotify app on my own phone (Samsung Galaxy A8) I can use Spotify Connect with either account and the devices show up normally as they should.

Any thoughts?

1 Reply

Re: Spotify Connect devices not listed when using other account within Premium Family

Hey @hansh64.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Based on the info that you provided us with, it sounds like there might be an issue with the Spotify app on your daughter's Galaxy A50.

Could you ask her to try reinstalling it by following the steps listed in this support article, making sure to clear all Spotify app data (step 4)? 

If that doesn't work, let us know the exact Spotify version running on her device and we'll take a closer look ;)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
SUGGESTED POSTS