Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect devices not listed when using other account within Premium Family

Spotify Connect devices not listed when using other account within Premium Family

Plan
Premium

Country
Netherlands

Device
Samsung Galaxy A50/A8

Operating System
Android Pie

My Question or Issue

My daughter using her Galaxy A50 wants to use Spotify Connect on a SqueezeBox Radio which is connected to a Logitech Media Server running on a Synology NAS. When logged in with her own account, member of my Family Plan, the device, and any other Spotify Connect capable devices connected to LMS, are not listed in her app on her phone. However, when logged in as myself (main user within Plan) these devices show up and music can be played.

When using the Spotify app on my own phone (Samsung Galaxy A8) I can use Spotify Connect with either account and the devices show up normally as they should.

Any thoughts?

5 Replies

Hey @hansh64.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

Based on the info that you provided us with, it sounds like there might be an issue with the Spotify app on your daughter's Galaxy A50.

Could you ask her to try reinstalling it by following the steps listed in this support article, making sure to clear all Spotify app data (step 4)? 

If that doesn't work, let us know the exact Spotify version running on her device and we'll take a closer look 😉

I have the same (strange) issue on all the devices of my family. I am the only one who can stream to LMS (squeezebox) with spotify connect. The re-install of spotify on the devices of my family as suggested  won't help. Are there any other suggestions?   

René

Hey @Renatoditilia,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

It looks like Spotify doesn't support Squeezebox anymore.

We found an old idea in the Community about bringing it back here, but it has since become inactive and is therefore now closed to voting.

We suggest you create a new idea for it in the Idea Exchange to show your support for it. You can then post a link to the idea in this thread to make it easier to find for other users.

To find out how to go about submitting a new idea, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions about this.

@Peter,

There is still active development going on with the Spotty plugin for Logitech Media Server. Please have a look at https://github.com/michaelherger/Spotty-Plugin

By the way, the problem I reported earlier in this thread has been solved, by itself....

Greetz,

Hans.

Hey @hansh64,

Thanks for getting back to us - glad to hear the original issue resolved itself!

Just as an FYI - the link you provided is for a third-party app which is not an official Spotify integration.

Any questions, let me know.

Take care for now!

Suggested posts