Announcements

Spotify Connect working ONLY with one account

Spotify Connect working ONLY with one account

Casual Listener

Hi!

Me and my wife have 2 Premium accounts (linked to the same Family account), and used Spotify Connect on our Cambridge Audio (Minx II) device in the living room: both were able to see the Connect device and start playing music.

However since a couple of weeks I am no longer able to see the Cambridge Audio Connect device nor on my mobile (iOS) nor on my desktop (Mac), while my wife is able to see the same device from her mobile (iOS) and play music.

I have the latest app version, network is the same, tried resetting the Minx II factory settings, log out/in from both my mobile and desktop, but unfortunately still cannot see that Connect device.

We have another Connect device (Sonos), which we are both able to see and stream.

Anyone could help me in understanding what is going on and how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Pablo

12 Replies

Re: Spotify Connect working ONLY with one account

Community Legend

Casual Listener

Thanks Renè,

yes I went through the whole list, but still it's not working.

The really strange thing is that Connect is working as I said with my wife's phone and Mac, but NOT with my Mac and phone....

Any other ideas..?

Thanks

Pablo

Casual Listener

The other strange thing is that when on my iPhone I log in with my wife's account, I can see the Cambrige MinxII device as Spotify Connect, while I cannot see it with my credentials (but I can see other devices).

Thanks

Pablo

Community Legend

Hi,

It looks like something's wrong with your account. To be sure. Can you try it the other way around? Logon to the device of your wife with your account.

Regards,

René

I have the same problems, 2 premiu. accounts linked to one family account, all works like charme as long only one account is using the homenetwork attached speakers.
When i try to connect our second accound on a different smartphone in the same network to another device (smartspeaker on a different floor) nothing happens. Only one account per network allowed it seems. Struggling with that Problem for years now. It seems, i dont need a second account, it dont work in the same network either. 😞

Hey @digiphob,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

If you're still having trouble with this, do you mind providing us with some more info, specifically:

• What is the device and OS version of the external device you're trying to connect to?
  • Are you using Connect or Bluetooth to play Spotify on the external device?

Once we have that, we'll be able to take a closer look and suggest some steps.

Thanks! Keep us posted.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

My spouse and I are facing the same issue. We are two premium accounts under the same family plan (I am the plan owner).

We both have iPhones, and I have a MacBook. All three have Spotify installed as native apps. On my iPhone and MacBook, I can see all our smart speakers (Alexa's), and can control them via Spotify Connect just fine.

On her iPhone, none of the devices appear. We have enable LAN access in iOS settings to the Spotify app. We have also enabled "non-local" devices with the Spotify app. We have also offloaded & deleted the app, reinstalled, and to no avail.

We have confirmed all devices are on the same WiFi network. It does not seem to be a WiFi issue, as my iPhone and MacBook are working just fine.

Please advise!

Hey @prgorospe,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest she gives these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If the issue persists, she can try logging in to another account on the same device. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue. Are there any changes?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Casual Listener

I have similar issues, my girlfriend and I have a Premium Duo account.

We are both connected to the same network, she only sees the devices in spotify connect where she is logged in + our Chromecast. I only see the devices where I am logged in + our chromecast. When I switch one of our devices to the other's account, I see the other's devices. Reinstalling does NOT solve the issue. Looks like a bug, would appreciate if someone looked into it more deeply.

SUGGESTED POSTS