Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

•  I have paid using a credit card from the Phillipines
  • My home address including the rest of my family members is in Malaysia
  • I've sent invitation links to all of them
  • When they submit their details it says as so in the picture
  • I've tried resending the invite links and cancelling with resending
  • I can't change the account's country to Phillipines as it only lists there Malaysia as seen in the picture too
  • What do I do? 
IMG-20190217-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20190217-WA0001.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @ancapistan, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I’m sorry to hear this. 

The reason you’re not able to change your country settings to the Phillipines is because your credit card was issued in Malaysia.

You will only be able to change your country settings to the Phillipines if you use a credit card from the Phillipines, or if you haven’t reverted back to the Free version of Spotify.

Although, if you try upgrading with the Malaysian credit card again after returning to Free, you’ll have the same issue.

So, basically - I’d recommend using a credit card issued in the Philippines.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The credit card I paid with was issued in Phillipines and because of that I had to change my account's country to Phillipines in order for the payment to work. The premium works fine for me, to add, but it just doesn't work for my family members as they have that same country-related error and I can't change their country as listed before.

Is there anything else I can do? If you need specific information, please ask them so if it helps you answer my question ( I won't answer personal related questions though) 

Hey @ancapistan.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Based on what you told me, it seems that the members don't live in the Philippines, but in Malaysia, which means they won't be able to change their country settings to the Philippines for joining the Family plan.

If the family members are residing in Malaysia and want to join the Family with their Free accounts, the only possible thing to do here is that the owner changes country settings and payment method to one based in Malaysia. The steps for that can be found here.

I hope this helps! If you have anymore questions, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts