Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - You can't join your own plan

Solved!

Spotify Family - You can't join your own plan

I am trying to join my husband to my Spotify Premium Family account (my two daughters have been part of the family plan for a couple of years). Every time I send him an invitation he receives the message ' You can't join your own Plan! You’re already subscribed to Premium Family. Now send the link to the person you want to add to the plan. They can log in with their existing Spotify account, or set up a new one'. We have tried numerous times, setting up new accounts wirh different email addresses each time and trying them out but we get the same message each time I send the invitation. Can someone help please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks everyone. I was using safari so switched to Chrome and it worked. Such a simple fix for an hour of frustration!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi there @angmel1,

thanks for posting !

Could you please provide the type of subscription you've tried creating for other members than yourself ?

In the mean while, please check out this help page on the Premium for Family plan to gain more knowledge on how it works.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Marked as solution

Thanks everyone. I was using safari so switched to Chrome and it worked. Such a simple fix for an hour of frustration!

I am having the same issue and nothing seems to work.  I am using chrome, am logged in my own account, but keep getting this error when my wife sends me the invite.  Please advise on the solution.

Hey there @Markorge!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you give this a shot by pasting the invitation link in an incognito window?

It's possible that you're logged in on the app, but your wife's account is still logged in on our web site.

An incognito window should prompt you to log in because it doesn't keep any saved data. 

If you have trouble with that, it's also a good idea to try accepting the invitation on a different device.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same problem. Have been paying for family premium for two months now with no benefit. Invite my wife, she opens the email and clicks on it and gets the message: "You can't join your own plan." She opens it in Chrome, same message. Opens it in a incognito tab, same problem. It is wayy to hard to add other family members. Please help.

Hey @Tomasgahan!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

This error message means that when your wife opens her invitation, your account is still logged in on our website.

We usually recommend using an incognito window as it doesn't keep that info saved, but if she still experiences the same behavior, she could go to the top right corner of the page and click on Profile > Log out

Then she should be given the option to log in on her own account and accept the invitation.

Let us know if you stumble upon any issues.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. I'm also facing this problem. my siblings can't join my family plan

Hey @Ashieexx12

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

We see that we've already replied to you about this in this thread. Let's keep the conversation going on that thread to avoid any mix-ups.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply there.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey
I have tried everything you've mentioned above, and it still doesn't work.. What to do? 😄

Hi there @OliverOlesen,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you try from a different device and make sure to log out and then back in on the site before you open up the invite?

On another note, have you been taking part of another Premium Family plan during these last 12 months?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have tried from 3 different devices and every time i get this message: https://gyazo.com/f1914f8587f89c017a66da25ea1f311b
I have been in a Premium Family Plan earlier this year, but my father changed his payment card and i got that message..

Hey there @OliverOlesen

Thanks for letting us know that. 

Keep in mind that it's only possible to switch plans once in 12 months, and the 12 months starts from the first time you switch. You can return to the plan you left, but you won't be able to join to a new plan. 

If you're trying to re-join to your previous plan, you should be able to. In this case, we suggest that you try again from an incognito window and using a different internet connection.

In case that you're still having issues afterwards, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look at your account and give you a hand with this. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I took contact to the support, and they will look further into what exactly is causing the problems!
Thank you for your help and advice!

Hey @OliverOlesen,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

EniModerator

Suggested posts