Spotify Family - You can't join your own plan

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify Family - You can't join your own plan

Casual Listener

I am trying to join my husband to my Spotify Premium Family account (my two daughters have been part of the family plan for a couple of years). Every time I send him an invitation he receives the message ' You can't join your own Plan! You’re already subscribed to Premium Family. Now send the link to the person you want to add to the plan. They can log in with their existing Spotify account, or set up a new one'. We have tried numerous times, setting up new accounts wirh different email addresses each time and trying them out but we get the same message each time I send the invitation. Can someone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify Family - You can't join your own plan

Casual Listener

Thanks everyone. I was using safari so switched to Chrome and it worked. Such a simple fix for an hour of frustration!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

Hi there @angmel1,

thanks for posting !

Could you please provide the type of subscription you've tried creating for other members than yourself ?

In the mean while, please check out this help page on the Premium for Family plan to gain more knowledge on how it works.

Waiting on your update 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 18
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

Thanks everyone. I was using safari so switched to Chrome and it worked. Such a simple fix for an hour of frustration!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Visitor

I am having the same issue and nothing seems to work.  I am using chrome, am logged in my own account, but keep getting this error when my wife sends me the invite.  Please advise on the solution.

Highlighted

Hey there @Markorge!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you give this a shot by pasting the invitation link in an incognito window?

It's possible that you're logged in on the app, but your wife's account is still logged in on our web site.

An incognito window should prompt you to log in because it doesn't keep any saved data. 

If you have trouble with that, it's also a good idea to try accepting the invitation on a different device.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator

Highlighted

Visitor
I am having the same problem. Have been paying for family premium for two months now with no benefit. Invite my wife, she opens the email and clicks on it and gets the message: "You can't join your own plan." She opens it in Chrome, same message. Opens it in a incognito tab, same problem. It is wayy to hard to add other family members. Please help.
Highlighted

Hey @Tomasgahan!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

This error message means that when your wife opens her invitation, your account is still logged in on our website.

We usually recommend using an incognito window as it doesn't keep that info saved, but if she still experiences the same behavior, she could go to the top right corner of the page and click on Profile > Log out

Then she should be given the option to log in on her own account and accept the invitation.

Let us know if you stumble upon any issues.

ElenaModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS