Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family and Multiple Amazon Echo

Spotify Family and Multiple Amazon Echo

I just upgraded my Spotify from the premium to the Family plan--partly because my kids keep taking over Spotify from their Amazon Echo devices.  So, my plan was to create usernames for each of them under our new family plan...so everyone can listen to what they want on Spotify at the same time.

However, looking through the Help section, it looks like Spotify can't actually do this?

Is there not a way to set up different Spotify usernames under the Family plan on different Amazon Echo devices??

1 Reply

Hi,

I think this is a limitation within the Amazon Echo devices, and how they function. As far as I know, you have two options.

Create different Amazon-accounts

One options might be to create individual Amazon accounts as well, add them to the Echos and then connect each Spotify-profile to the correct Amazon account. After that you should be able to change the active Amazon-account on each Echo using voice commands. To know exactly how to set this up, I’d recommend to look at Amazons support pages for their Ecos. 

Start the music with Spotify Connect

Another option might be that you use Spotify Connect to start the music. Firstly, you’ll need to use individual Spotify-accounts for this to work. Here are some information on how Spotify Connect works, and what it is. When it’s time to play music, you do it from the device with the correct account for the music that’s supposed to be played - and then choose the speaker you want to use by tapping the screen/speaker-icon in the bottom left corner. 

Hope this helps!

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

Suggested posts