Family

Country

UK

Device

OnePlus 7

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I have recently upgraded to the family account, so I can get 5 different accounts under one roof. However, if a family member plays Spotify on either the Google Home Mini or the Amazon Echo Dot, in the house, Spotify always plays through the same main subscriber account rather than picking one of the four spare accounts. How do I get the Home Mini and Echo Dot to pick another account and not mine?

1 Reply

Hey @Jonnyroyge!

Thanks for bringing this up with us. We'll be happy to shine some light on the situation.

It sounds like your Spotify account is the one that is connected to your Google Home and Alexa accounts.

This means that the others in your family either use the Connect function or voice commands to control the music but the account that is connected to the speakers is still yours.

You can use Google Voice Match so that others can also connect their accounts to play via the Google Home Mini.

Take a look at this page under ''Can I listen to multiple Spotify accounts on my Google Home?'' to see how to do that.

As for the Echo Dot, it's currently not possible to link multiple Spotify accounts to one Amazon account. You can take a look at this Spotify Answer to see what you can instead.

We hope this info helps. Let s know if there's anything else that we can help with 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts