Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Kids in Sweden

Spotify Kids in Sweden

Plan

Premium for Family

Country

Sweden

My Question or Issue

When will we be able to use Spotify for Kids in Sweden?

Also, is it possible to use google nest (with voice recognition) to access content for a kid-profile/acocunt?

/macoo80

6 Replies

Hey @macoo80 ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Spotify Kids is currently only available in Ireland. 

For those outside of Ireland, Kids will be rolling out to all markets that currently have Premium Family. Be sure to check back here for more or check out spotify.com/kids.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @macoo80,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Spotify Kids recently rolled out in Sweden 🙂

If you'd like to start using the app, you can do so by heading here first as well as downloading Spotify Kids from the iOS & Android app store. 

You can also find more info in this support site article.

On another note, keep in mind that it's not possible to use Spotify Connect through the Kids app so you won't be able to use Google Nest as you describe.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi,

I have a premium family account via your partner Telia. When I try to log in to the Kids app it says that I need to have a family premium subscription. I sure I am logging in to the kids app as the owner of the family premium account. What could be wrong or is it not yet possible to log in with an account via your partners?

Hi there @eritho,

Thanks for posting here!

You mention your subscription is through a partner which could explain why you're having troubles. If you’d like to start using the Kids app sooner, this would mean you would have to cancel your current Family plan.

Once your Spotify account reverts to free, subscribe through us directly here. You should then be able to set up a Kids account on your child’s device.

We'd recommend taking a look at this support site article for more help setting up a Spotify Kids.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hi Katerina

Do you still have this limitation that you can't use Spotify kids if you have an Spotify premium through a partner? I also have the same problem, my subscription is provided through Telia and I can't login to the Kids app with my account.

PS are that any plan's to remove this limitation? I can't find any information on your site regarding this limitations.

/:D

Hey there @Mr_Music2,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

Just to clarify, are you seeing a specific error message when you try to log in the Spotify Kids app?

Indeed, at the moment, if you've subscribed through a partner, you won't be able to get the Spotify Kids app.

To do so, you'll need to first cancel and wait for your current Premium plan to end as shared in a previous comment. Once your Spotify account has reverted to free, you can then subscribe through us directly.

Afterwards, you should be able to set up a Kids account on your child’s device with no issues. If you're still having troubles when that happens, it'd be helpful if you could share any additional details on what you see so we can take a closer look on our end.

Further, if this is something you'd like to see differently in the app in the future, we'd recommend sharing it in our Idea Exchange here so other Spotify users can add their support and feedback about this. For more info on how ideas get implemented, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts