Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium - Husband removed from account

Spotify Premium - Husband removed from account

Spotify:

1. why do family members only have 7 days to confirm their address? Why not 30 days?
  2. why don't members have until 11:59 PM local time to confirm their address? The 7 days is not based upon a 24 hour clock. So if Spotify sends the confirmation email at 6am local time, the member MUST confirm before 6am local time in 7 days.  
  3. why can't customer support add a back family member?
  4. why isn't the address confirmation built into the app? why not have a reminder telling the member "You have 7 days to confirm your address!"?

I have a family plan and my husband was removed from it yesterday morning, January 20. He logged into his Spotify account and saw that his old email was listed; a secondary account. He logged into that email account and found the Spotify address confirmation email. The email was sent on January 13 at 7:23 AM. At 9: 20 AM, I contacted Spotify support and spent 90 minutes speaking with an agent, after 70 minutes she said "Well, our terms and conditions state: If the email verification fails or they miss the 7 day window, the invited member's account loses access to the plan and switches to free. They can’t join any Family or Duo plan for 12 months from the date the verification failed"

How crazy is this? Users only have 7 days to react? Why not 30 days? And it's exactly 7 days based upon time, not a 24 hour clock. Why send an email? Put the notification into the app. And why can't support agents add back members when there is clear evidence they do in fact reside at the address? Now we need to create another account? Is this what Spotify wants? Multiple accounts loaded into their system?

3 Replies

Hey @wetsand21,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community and for the feedback.

In this case we suggest that you contact our customer support so they can help you further with this.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Having same problem. Too complicated to add a family member to duo. Does my husband add himself using my or his email? 

Hi there @CrafT1,

Thanks for the post!

Not to worry, we're here to help.

To invite someone to join one of the allotted subaccounts in your plan:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on an available Empty Slot.
  4. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite, not your email address. Click SEND INVITE.

After that your husband can open the invite link on their personal device. That's it 🙂

Let us know if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts