Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Switch

Solved!

Spotify Premium Switch

I want to switch from Spotify family onto Spotify student but I wanted to know what will happen when I switch to the people on my account. I know at the end of the pay period they will no longer have premium but I wanted to know if they will be able to upgrade for themselves so their saved songs won't be lost. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Chloverworld, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

When you switch from Premium for Family to Premium for Students, all of the members on your plan will revert to free on the next billing date (whatever date it says that the new plan will take in place). 

Once they're reverted to the free ad-supported version, they'll still have their saved music, playlists, and recommendations - even when they upgrade to Premium themselves. To fully answer this, no, they will not lose any saved content on their account.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Chloverworld, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

When you switch from Premium for Family to Premium for Students, all of the members on your plan will revert to free on the next billing date (whatever date it says that the new plan will take in place). 

Once they're reverted to the free ad-supported version, they'll still have their saved music, playlists, and recommendations - even when they upgrade to Premium themselves. To fully answer this, no, they will not lose any saved content on their account.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts