Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium for family misuse

Solved!

Spotify Premium for family misuse

What to do after carelessly breaking the terms and conditions?

A few years ago me and my friends wanted to have Spotify Premium for as cheap as possible and didn't think twice about any terms or conditions for it. Just recently my conscience woke up so I looked up what is required of the family subscription. 1. we are not family with my friends and 2. we don't live in the same address. After noticing we had been misusing this subscription for many years I felt bad and decided to quit. My friends didn't care and are continuing the family subscription so I don't know if you want to do something about it.

But my question is really if there is some monetary compensation you would like to have or require us/me to pay for the damage done over the years...

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Jesusftw!

Thank you for reaching out to us about this and welcome to the Community!

Our Family plan is for those living under the same roof but it's not necessary that all users are a family.

The system should be able to detect if the T&C are not met and remove the accounts from the plan at some point.

There isn't an extra fee that you'd need to pay, but you shouldn't be using the Family subscription if you don't live at the same address as the manager of the plan.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Jesusftw!

Thank you for reaching out to us about this and welcome to the Community!

Our Family plan is for those living under the same roof but it's not necessary that all users are a family.

The system should be able to detect if the T&C are not met and remove the accounts from the plan at some point.

There isn't an extra fee that you'd need to pay, but you shouldn't be using the Family subscription if you don't live at the same address as the manager of the plan.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you Elena for your answer!
Good to hear you have some kind of system in play there.
I am also grateful for the mercy you have shown by not demanding any extra fees for this 🙂
I'll be more careful in the future and probably continue with Premium for students.

Suggested posts