Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify cannot connect to Sonos speakers

Spotify cannot connect to Sonos speakers

Plan

Premium Family

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 5S, Windows 10 HP laptop

Operating System

iOS 12, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

We have a Spotify Premium Family account for three family members, and own two Sonos speakers in separate rooms. I used to be able to play Spotify music straight from the Spotify app in both rooms, but recently Spotify stopped displaying the speakers under "Devices Available". This happens both from my iPhone 5s and from my Windows 10 PC.

From the Sonos App, I can see both speakers correctly.

The strange thing is that my wife and daughter can see both speakers from Spotify from their respective devices (iPhone 6S/7 Plus).

I've tried all obvious things like rebooting my iPhone; re-installing the Spotify app; dis-/re-connecting the Sonos speakers; rebooting the modem etc, but all to no avail.

The problems seems to have started around the same time when our daughter got her first iPhone last week.

Any support on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

12 Replies

Same problem here. Everyone can see the Sonos except me 🙁

Really strange. Hope someone has the solution. 

Thanks for sharing. Are you the Spotify contract holder as well for the Premium for Family subscription?

That's correct!

Really frustrating. I deleted the app yesterday and installed it again. The Sonos appeared one time and now it is gone again...I think I will contact Sonos directly to see if they can help...

I contacted Sonos in the first place. As I can see both speakers in the Sonos app, and my family members can see them in the Spotify app as well, Sonos support claims the issue is not on their side. It seems to me they have a point...

So, we should contact Spotify then? Did you try this already?

Exactly the same problem I experience! iPhone SE and 7 can see all speakers but not my daughter's 5s:( Have tried all the same actions as described here but does not work. iPhone 5s is on iOS 12.4. Really frustrating!

Frustrating indeed! Since upgrading to iOS 13, I can see one speaker through the Spotify app, but not the other. I've raised a support ticket with Spotify; I'll post back here if they're able to resolve it.

Great, thanks:)

Our iPhone 6s and 7 have ios 13.1.1 and can (luckily) see all Sonos devices. The iPhone 5s can't be ios upgraded anymore and can't see the Sonos devices. Let's see what Spotify reports back.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're currently investigating. 

Make sure to head over to the relevant thread here. We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Hello,

After upgrading to v. 8.5.27.1156 yesterday in iOS 13.1.2, the issue seems to be resolved on my side. Hope it stays this way!

Hello,
Always worked for me on all versions of ios 13 but now it also works for me as well with version 8.5.27.1156 on ios 12.4.2:)
Thanks for solving!

Suggested posts