Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for family invite asking for payment

Spotify for family invite asking for payment

Hi,

I keep trying to invite a member of my household to Spotify for Family. He receives the 'Accept Invitation' button in the email but it takes him to a page that asks for payment of $22.50 per month (which I already pay on this existing account). No matter how many times I cancel the invite and resend it the same page shows up. 

Please help because I keep trying this and it doesn't seem to work. 

Screenshot_20190604-202720_Chrome.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @Bethyboo29, I'm happy to help!

First - please make sure that the member that's accepting the invite isn't logged into your Spotify account. 

Once you've checked that, could you try sending the member another invite using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, please try sending one more using a different valid email address.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i have the same problem and what you said didnt work

Hey there @albinjjj,

Thanks for posting here in the Community about this!

It sounds like you may both accessing the same account so that when your family member is trying to accept the invite, they're directed to this page.

In this case, we'd suggest sending a fresh invite to your family member with these steps:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click Premium for Family in the menu on the left.
  3. Click SEND INVITE.
  4. Enter the email address of the person you want to invite and click SEND INVITE. A confirmation email will be sent to you when they accept the invite and are added to the plan.

Then, we'd suggest asking your family member to join by following the steps below:

1. Have the owner invite you to their plan once more.
  2. Open a new incognito/private window in your browser.
  3. Access your email inbox in this window and locate the new email invite.
  4. Open and click ACCEPT INVITATION. You'll be redirected to log in to your Spotify account or sign in to your Spotify account if you already have one.
  5. Enter your details and click SUBMIT to join the Premium for Family plan.

If that still doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could share any screenshots of what's happening so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts