Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says my WIFE isn't able to join my family premium plan

Solved!

Spotify says my WIFE isn't able to join my family premium plan

I sent an invitation to my wife to join my family premium plan but she always get a message saying she can't join because only people who lives in the same house are able to join. She is my wife and of course she lives with me. Spotify has an esquisofrenic way to figure it out who lives and who doesn't in the same house. If it was smart, it would see that our IP is the same. I tried all ways i could to put her in my plan  but no sucess. There is no usefull information about this issue in the suport. So if i don't get any help here i will cancel my subscription. It is frustrating.

Plan

Family Premium Plan

Country

Brasil

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 12.3.1)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No it did not help sending her a new invite to a different e-mail. I had to cancel my subscription and do it again and then send my wife the invite. She had to fill the form with our home adress exactly as i did and so it worked. Though this wouldn't be necessary if Spotify recognize our IPs were the same because we live together.
I forgot to let the community know how the issue was solved, sorry.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @LucasAdriano, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try sending your wife another invite using a different valid email address? If that doesn't help, it must be that you entered something incorrect when entering your address when you first started.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the exact same problem. My wife and my son can't connect to the Family Plan. Of course we live together in the same house. 
We need help to solve this problem. In fact, they were already members of the plan some days ago, and all of a sudden they were eliminated. This is frustrating.
Please give us the clue we need.

Marked as solution

No it did not help sending her a new invite to a different e-mail. I had to cancel my subscription and do it again and then send my wife the invite. She had to fill the form with our home adress exactly as i did and so it worked. Though this wouldn't be necessary if Spotify recognize our IPs were the same because we live together.
I forgot to let the community know how the issue was solved, sorry.

Hey @LucasAdriano

Thanks for sharing the steps to solve the issue and for keeping us posted. Means a lot! I am happy to hear that everything is good to go now. 

@ramirezbenjamin, you can follow the steps that @LucasAdriano shared in the accepted solution post, or you can get in touch with Customer Support here if you are still facing issues. 

Have a great day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts