Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify with Google mini

Spotify with Google mini

I have a family account using my details with my son signed in using the family account under his details , he has just got a Google mini which we are trying to connect to Spotify . When signing in do we use my master account or his details that he uses for Spotify , bearing in mind he is signed into Google mini using his Google account not mine .

5 Replies

Hey @Tbgjlb Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can use any account in the family plan to connect it to the Google Mini. If your son is going to be the sole user for the Google Mini, then it would be best that he sign in with his account so then it would be easy to access his playlist. If your entire family is using the account then your account might be best. It really depends on who uses it more often. 

Overall it doesn't really matter whos account its signed in with, but if he's the only one using the Google Mini then it would be best that he signed in with his account just as a convenience.

Happy Holidays!

Keanu_C

Thanks for the help .

Still won't link via my sons phone , it goes through the various pages then when I press agree it just opens a blank page and does nothing . Even if I go to the desktop page on the phone it just reports an error saying try again. 

Another strange thing is my account is now linked to the mini and I was able to go through the normal steps to link Spotify and it shows as being linked but when I ask the mini to play music it just tells me I need to link my account. 

This is harder than it should be. 

Any help would be great 

Lets try unlinking your google mini from the account. Go to this Support Google Page and follow the instructions in unlinking your account. Once you have unlinked your account from the Google Mini, try relinking and see if that works.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Thanks for all the help. BUT

I presume when you say unlink you mean the music account , if so I unlinked it on my phone relinked still unable to do stuff but it does show as linked in default . More importantly on my son phone it doesn't show as linked and when I go through the whole thing again it still won't load in the last web page and when I go to the desktop version it just comes up error with a link to help page. 

lets try unlinking one more time but at the same time lets try unplugging the google mini from the power source and then relink it. 

Let me know if this works out.

Keanu_C

Suggested posts