NEXT STEP

Stream On Amazon Alexa and iPhone

Stream On Amazon Alexa and iPhone

Plan

Premium For Family 

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, Amazon Alexa)

Operating System

iOS 12.1.2 

My Question or Issue

I'm having an issue streaming on both my iphone and the Amazon Alexa at the same time.   If both try to play music at the same time, only one device will play, stopping feedback on the other (i.e. if I'm playing on my iphone and someone starts streaming on the Alexa, iphone playback is paused and is resumed on the Alexa).   I have Premium for Family and the iphone and Alexa are attached to separate accounts.   Please advise what to do here.

3 Replies

Hey there @thellebuyck

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you're accessing the same account on both devices. This would explain why the playback pauses on your iPhone when trying to play music on your Amazon Alexa, for example. Just to confirm, does this occur when you're using Spotify Connect from your iPhone? 

Keep in mind that using Spotify Connect allows you or a friend to play music from your Spotify account without needing to unlink your own account. 

If that doesn't help, we'd recommend unlinking your Spotify account from Alexa and linking it once more by following the steps below:

1. Tap the menu in the top-left.
  2. Tap Settings, then Music.
  3. Select Spotify, then Link account to Alexa.
  4. Enter your Spotify account details. If you're already logged in with a Spotify account on that device, make sure that in the "Logged in as ..." is displaying the right Spotify account you want linked with Alexa.

Let us know how that goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Under the subscription for Spotify, I have my account (the owner) and separate account that belongs to a family member (separate email/separate login).  I have confirmed that I am logged in with my account (the owner) on my iphone and the alexa is using the separate family member account (separate email/separate login), yet the problem still persists.   

I have tried unlinking Alexa from the family member account and linking once more but that did not resolve the issue either.

Hey @thellebuyck.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the music gets interrupted because another users starts to play from a different device, it means that the same account is being used.

Try to log out from on all devices you are using. Unlink the account from the Amazon account (via the Alexa app) as well, just to be on the safe side.

Now make sure to log in with the right account. If done properly the music will not stop in any way when you start to play (with a different account) on a different device.

Hope it works! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts